Make sure your health records are on file and your immunizations are up to date.
If you’re taking six or more credit hours at any of Dominican’s campuses, you’ll need to submit your health forms and proof of immunizations through the Wellness Center Online prior to your first class.
If you need immunizations or blood tests to confirm immunity, these services are available for a low fee at the Wellness Center by appointment during the academic year.
- COVID-19: two doses of Pfizer or Moderna or one dose Johnson and Johnson (required for all students both full time and part time)
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR): two vaccinations after your first birthday (not required if you were born before January 1, 1968)
- Meningitis: one vaccination after 16th birthday (for students 22 years and younger)
- Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (TDAP): within the past 10 years
How to Submit the Forms
You can get your immunization records from your prior school or your medical provider. Then enter immunization dates and upload the forms at the Wellness Center Online, our online portal.
We exempt students from the immunization requirements in two scenarios.
- Online-only study. You can qualify for an exemption if you’re enrolled in a program specifically designated by the university as an "online only" program.
- Religious exemptions or medical. To qualify for a religious or medical exemption, come to the Wellness Center to meet with a provider to complete our exemption form, or pick up a form for your own doctor to complete. The State of Illinois requires a visit with your healthcare provider to discuss implications of not having all your vaccines. Note: Students who receive a religious or medical exemption for COVID-19 will be required to test weekly and be notified by the Wellness Center each week.
Failure to Comply
Immunizations are a legal requirement of the State of Illinois.
- Failure to comply with immunization requirements will result in a $150 fine each semester you are not in compliance.
- The state can legally block your attendance for classes if your immunization forms are not on file.