We offer free counseling, stress management and wellness services.
The counseling staff is part of an interdisciplinary team of licensed health professionals and graduate interns who work together to support your optimal health and well-being.
Counseling services include:
- Stress management, from basic support to intensive intervention
- Counseling and psychotherapy
- Screening for anxiety and depression, addiction problems and other mental health concerns
- Support for establishing healthy relationships and self esteem
- Support groups and workshops
- Medication management in consultation with psychiatrists and specialized nurse practitioners
- Referrals to a community-wide network of professional support and mental health services
There is no fee for counseling services for Dominican University students. Call before you are overwhelmed.
Make an Appointment
Call the Wellness Center at (708) 524-6229 to request an appointment.
Support4U: Mental health texting line
Support4U is a support and crisis text hotline for DU students that is available 24/7. They offer confidential assistance by licensed professionals. Text "STAR" to (844) 670-5838 to get started.
The Jed Fountation
Check out the Jed Foundation's mental health resource center, which provides information about common emotional health issues.
Dominican University maintains and ensures the confidentiality of all Wellness Center consultations and appointments. View our confidentiality policy.
Each year, the Wellness Center accepts four Chicago-area graduate students for training in psychotherapy. Trainees provide clinical services to Dominican students and play an active role in campus outreach. See Counseling Training for program details and application requirements.
Visit the Wellness Center Online.