University Ministry aspires to the following values in every aspect of daily living with the students, faculty, and staff of Dominican University:
- We are a community of radical hospitality that fosters belonging.
- We honor and cultivate the rhythm of contemplation and action.
- We do theology, ministry, and formation that begins with students' social locations—their cultures, faith traditions and their own human development.
- We are called to interfaith dialogue and action because we are a Catholic, Dominican community.
- We witness and celebrate the places where God's right relationship, or justice, emerges and we commit ourselves to bringing about that same justice in daily life.
University Ministry’s first priority is to provide the Dominican community with opportunities and resources to support and grow in the Dominican Order’s four pillars—Community, Service, Study and Prayer. We aim to create a welcoming and integrated environment for our students and to reach out to the wider community.
We commit to each member of this community feeling a sense of belonging. Our cooperation with one another is inspired by the University’s Catholic and Dominican heritage and is embodied in its motto: Caritas et Veritas. We invite you to join us in this commitment, and to share with us your inspiration for Love and Truth!