Here are some tips and resources to help you maintain the best possible health.
General Health Information
Check out CampusWell for tips on nutrition, self-care, fitness and much more.
Chicago and suburban Cook County residents now have access to a local 2-1-1 service, a free, 24/7/365 service that connects them to essential health and social service support and information during times of non-emergency crisis and for everyday needs.
Teledoc offers online-only affordable healthcare including Specialty care, such as Mental Health, Psychiatry, Dental, Vision, Dermatology, and Health visits all on a confidential HIPAA compliant electronic platform.
Enrollment for 6 months at a time costs $75. If you are interested in enrolling go to https://dom.studentbenefitplans.com/, visit the FAQ page for your questions.
Sexual Harassment and Assault
- Know your IX offers information about gender-based violence and your rights under Title IX.
- This video from OneStudent.Org addresses rape culture and the role men play in perpetuating it.
Resources for LGBTQ Students
College students often face mental health issues related to academic pressure, work life, personal life, adult development and finances. Check out this mental health guide created by Best Colleges.
Half of Us: resources on depression and mental Illness
Mood 24/7: free tools to track your daily mood
ULifeline: mental health and wellness resources for college students
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Screening and Treatment
The Wellness Center can help you evaluate your use of alcohol and other substances to determine if you need further treatment. We work with many community partners in caring for students who need inpatient detox, intensive outpatient intervention, combination and other recovery and mental health services. These partners include:
- Thrive Counseling Center. Free screening for alcohol and drug abuse on Thursdays through Rosecrance (708) 383-7500.
- Rosecrance. With 40 locations in Chicago and Northern Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa, Rosecrance offers comprehensive addiction services for adolescents and adults, including prevention, intervention, detoxification, inpatient and outpatient treatment, experiential therapies, dual-diagnosis care and family education.
- AMITA Health Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital, Hoffman Estates , Alexian Brothers focuses on the addiction continuum from prevention education and screening through recovery. Free, confidential assessments are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (855) 383-2224
- Young people’s 12 step AA/Alanon/Alateen. These groups meet both on and off campus.
- Rethinking Drinking - Alcohol and Your Health
- How Much Is Too Much?
Visit the Wellness Center Online.