Learning Goals and Outcomes
Create a positive productive learning environment.
- Establishes expectations, routines and organizational and behavioral practices/procedures
- Addresses the full range of class diversity and exceptionalities including modifying the environment and instruction to support the development of a learning community.
- Creates and monitors interdependent and independent opportunities for collaboration and independent decision- making responsibilities in learning activities.
- Analyzes the classroom environment and makes decision to enhance cultural and linguistic responsiveness, mutual respect, positive social relationships, student motivation, and classroom engagement.
- Collaborates and communicates with other stakeholders to support positive learning climates.
Make content accessible.
- Activates prior knowledge
- Develops representations that are diverse in form and viewpoint of content
- Uses technology systems and models to support instruction and enhance student learning
Positions students as competent.
- Facilitates meaningful inclusion of diverse students
- Positions students as individual and group decision making
- Varies role (instructor, discussion facilitator, coach, audience, etc.) to optimize learning
- Engages students in critical and creative thinking and inquiry in various individual and group structures
Teach towards instructional goals.
- Creates short-term and long-term plans to achieve the expectations for diverse students
- Evaluates, selects, and develops relevant, evidence based instructional content materials, technology applications, resources, & language for a differentiated learning process supportive of all students.
- Differentiates and adapts instructional strategies and practices to make subject matter accessible to each student
- Applies content area literacy strategies, reading, writing, and oral communication.
- Creates approaches to learning that are multi-modal and interdisciplinary and that incorporate multiple content areas
Assess student understanding.
- Uses and confidentially maintains accurate formal and informal assessments to evaluate the understanding, progress, and performance of an individual student and the whole class
- Uses assessment strategies, devices, and procedures that are technologically, culturally, linguistically, and developmentally appropriate for diverse learners
- Analyzes and uses student information, assessment data, student work samples, and observations of student progress to plan, adapt, modify, implement, and evaluate effective content area instruction.
- Collaborates with all stakeholders in the assessment of students to interpret and clearly communicate performance.
Develop professional relationships.
- Participates in the design and implementation of individualized instruction for students with special needs, ELLS, and gifted students
- Collaborates with other teachers, students, parents or guardian, specialists, administrators, and community partners to promote and enhance students’ learning, well-being, and positive learning environments.