Skip to main content
Requirements to move from summer internship to year one of the program
  • Earn a passing score on the summer internship assignment
  • Earn a passing score on the summer internship evaluation of teaching performance
  • A major in an area approved by the state
Requirements to move from year one to year two of the program
  • Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0
  • Earn a passing score on the edTPA, a state-mandated portfolio assessment
  • Evidence of demonstrating dispositions as outlined by the School of Education
  • Evidence of teaching competence expected of a second-year teacher on a summative teaching evaluation completed by both the university supervisor and school principal
Requirements to earn your Professional Educator License

Teacher candidates must take and pass two IL State Board of Education (ISBE) approved assessments:

  • A passing score on the Content Test related to the candidate’s area of licensure
  • Earn a passing score on a state-mandated teacher performance assessment

View course descriptions.

Courses for the Alternative Licensure Programs will be based on the requirements for the discipline selected. All of the following documents are pdfs and will open in a new window.