Here are some of the questions about residence life that we hear most often. If you don’t find the answers you need, be sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What size are the mattresses?
Our mattresses vary in size, depending on the room. The average is 38" by 74". We suggest that you buy twin XL sheets or wait until you see what size your bed is.
Can I bring a microwave and/or refrigerator? Are they provided?
We don’t provide microwaves or refrigerators, but you’re welcome to bring either (or both) to your residence hall. Please note that the appliances cannot use more than 120 volts, 60hertz, or 2.5 amps of power. You may also want to speak to your roommate before move-in day to see who should bring what. You may not have enough room for duplicates of everything!
What should I bring to campus?
Bring whatever makes you feel at home! Here’s a list of suggestions:
- Bedding: sheets, blankets, pillows, mattress pad
- Alarm clock
- TV, cable cord, DVD/VCR, stereo
- Lamp (non halogen)
- Room fan
- Refrigerator: 4.1 cubic feet or smaller
- Microwave: under 700 watts
- Crates to be used as seating or storage
- Under-bed and general storage containers
- Cleaning supplies
- Clothes hangers
- Computer with ethernet cord
- Cooking and eating utensils
- Desk accessories
- Detergent, dryer sheets
- Robe/slippers/shower caddy/shower shoes
- Laundry basket or bag
- Towel, washcloths and toiletries
- A tool kit
- Dry-erase markers
- First aid and sewing kits
- Trash can
What should I leave at home?
The following items are not permitted in the residence halls:
- Air conditioners
- Coffee makers
- Electric skillet/broiler
- Halogen lamps
- Space heaters
- Toaster/hot plate