Skip to main content
Welcome to the IMA 2021 Conference
Please use this Schedule page as your entry point for each online session.
- Opening remarks and Plenary Lecture begins at 10:00 a.m.
- Dorsey Armstrong, “Pandemic Fault Lines
11:00-12:30 PM: Concurrent Sessions A and B
- Mickey Sweeney, Moderator
- Ian Alexander Moore, "'In place of all repose:' Divine Dispossession in Paul Celan’s Critique of Meister Eckhart”
- Edward Risden, “Marie’s Lais and the Movement from Romantic to Religious Space”
- Giovanni Maria de Simone, “Transcendent Unity and Common Home: Teachings from the Medieval Ages for Today’s Economy and Business”
- Joey McMullen, Moderator
- Mikaela Renshaw, “Bro! Tell Me We Still Know How to Speak of Kings: Beowulf Translations as Modernist Texts”
- Zachary Clifton Engledow, “Getting Medieval on Virtual Space: The Trans and Queer Temporalities of Dragon Age: Inquisition”
- G. J. Tolliver, “Queer Pestilence: Living and Dying in Chaucer’s Pardoner’s Tale”
12:30-2:00 PM: Lunch with Concurrent Activities
2:00-3:30 PM: Concurrent Sessions C and D
- Christopher Flavin, Moderator
- Josephine Bottoms, “Teaching the Medieval Present”
- Shannon Jankowski, “The Summoner and his Mask: Teaching the Summoner in a Modern Classroom”
- Christopher Flavin, “Making Sense of the Now”
- Jilana Ordman, Moderator
- Libby Karlinger Escobedo, “Pandemics, Death, and Interior Design”</p>
- Jessalynn Lea Bird, “Protecting Home Communities Through Prayer, Processions, Liturgies and Sermons"
- Roxanne Dunn and Vicky McAlister, “Inducing a Passion for the Medieval in the Present: Student-led Activities with Manuscripts”