Learning Goals and Outcomes
The educational goals and objectives of the MA Trauma-Informed Leadership program are to prepare leaders with a deep understanding of the importance and utility of trauma-informed practice, a deep understanding of their own trauma with tools for self-care, and the abilities and confidence to lead systems and organizations in the development and implementation of trauma-informed practice. Specifically, graduates of the MA in Trauma-Informed Leadership will be able to:
- Assess the short and long term impact of trauma on individuals, including themselves.
- Understand cultural differences in the causes, experience, and responses to trauma.
- Implement trauma-informed approaches within their field of practice.
- Establish cross-system/integrative collaborations for trauma-informed practice with other practitioners and colleagues.
- Demonstrate an effective leadership initiative around trauma-informed practice.