Learning Goals and Outcomes
Student Learning Goals
Upon completion of the Sociology or Criminology major, students will have acquired . . .
- A basic understanding of the perspectives operating within Sociology and Criminology.
- The critical writing and reading skills necessary for graduate work and professional careers.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply the following core concepts: social change, socialization, stratification, social structure, institutions and social differentiation by race/ethnicity, gender, and class.
- Compare and/or contrast theoretical perspectives in reference to a social phenomenon.
- Compare and/or contrast basic methodological approaches and procedures in gathering, analyzing and interpreting data.