Elizabeth T. MacNeil School of Nursing
The RN-BSN program at Dominican University is designed for working RNs and is fully online with optional campus visit opportunities if one-on-one instruction is desired. You can attend full time or part time and earn your bachelor’s degree in as little as 12 months. Nursing continues to be one of the fastest growing careers, with projected job growth of more than 25% over the next 10 years.
Nurses are on the front lines of health care today, taking on increasingly important roles in both patient care and leadership. Nursing continues to be one of the fastest growing careers, with projected job growth of more than 25% over the next 10 years. The standards for nurses entering the field reflect the need for rigorous training in medical science, interpersonal and administrative skills.
At Dominican University, you will practice your nursing skills in high-tech simulation labs, collaborate with experienced faculty and prepare to serve as an agent of change in one of the world’s most rewarding professions.
The Dominican Difference
We take a relationship-centered approach to nursing education. You’ll work collaboratively and build close partnerships with faculty and colleagues. In keeping with Dominican’s mission, our nursing program provides a foundation for professional practice that respects the dignity of each and every person, pursuit of the common good, and concern for those most vulnerable.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at Dominican University will prepare you to succeed in this dynamic field. The program will equip you to sit for and pass the NCLEX-RN examination and obtain licensure to practice as a registered professional nurse.
BSN Program Highlights
- Two state-of-the-art clinical simulation laboratories built specifically for nursing
- Small classes, maximizing close interaction with faculty and colleagues
- Opportunities for study and research in fields including biochemistry, neuroscience and nutrition science
- Faculty with years of nursing experience
- Strong connections with clinical partners, providing opportunities for meaningful professional interaction and clinical experiences
RN-BSN Program Highlights
- $350 per credit hour. Books and fees are an additional cost
- Complete your degree in as little as 12 months
- Attend online classes from anywhere
- Take a maximum of three classes each term
- Choose full-time or part-time study
- Financial aid (pdf) available
- Work with dedicated faculty members who have years of nursing experience
- Explore the novel liberal arts & sciences in seminar classes designed to examine “Big Questions” that impact society and health care alike.
Why a BSN?
Your BSN opens the door to career advancement, increased responsibility and higher salary potential.
- More job opportunities. Your BSN degree will position you to earn an advanced degree that will qualify you for positions such as advanced practice nurse, nurse educator, clinical nurse specialist and more.
- Higher demand. According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, 86.3% of employers express a strong preference for BSN program graduates.
- Higher earnings potential. On average, BSN-prepared nurses earn more than RNs—both because employers value the degree and because they qualify for higher-paying positions.
- Interdisciplinary skills. The liberal arts courses you’ll take in Dominican’s BSN program will help you develop communication, problem-solving and leadership skills—essential factors in a fulfilling career as a nurse.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Dominican University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
The nursing programs will undergo their regularly scheduled accreditation review through CCNE on April 12–14, 2021. Per CCNE regulations, faculty, staff and students have the opportunity to submit written, third-party comments regarding our program's qualifications for accreditation. Learn more (pdf).