Master of Science in Accounting (MSA)
By earning your Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) degree at Dominican University, you will acquire the skills and knowledge to pass the CPA exam and work in a wide variety of in-demand specialties, including forensic accounting, internal auditing, business law, cost management and taxation. And you can do it all in as little as 12 months.
Dominican’s graduate program in accounting balances the flexibility and convenience of fully online coursework with the person-to-person connections of a cohort model and direct access to all of your professors.
- Study 100% online in a program that fits your into your busy schedule with no sacrifice in quality.
- Collaborate with your classmates and build a new professional network through our engaging cohort model.
- Gain experience and confidence by solving business challenges with leaders from the corporate and nonprofit sectors.
- Receive expert career coaching from our Executives in Residence team of current and former C-suite leaders.
Take the next step toward a rewarding career in accounting. Request information today
What You’ll Learn
In Dominican’s online MSA program, you’ll consider the legal and ethical dimensions of accounting in addition to learning the essential skills you’ll need to pass the CPA examination and start building your career. That challenging, comprehensive, values-based approach to business education is one of the things that sets us apart. Our MSA courses are also deeply rooted in experiential learning, enabling you to gain experience handling real-world business challenges. See our full MSA course listing.
Quick Degree Details
- 10 courses (eight weeks each)
- Finish in as little as 12 months
- No prior business background or GMAT required
- Secure internships and full-time positions with help from the Brennan Career Development Program at the Brennan School of Business
- AACSB-accredited (a distinction earned by less than five percent of business schools worldwide)
- Program meets the requirements to take the CPA exam in Illinois and most other states
- Gain access to extra study content from a leading CPA exam review company
Areas of Focus
You will acquire the knowledge and skills of a professional accountant with expertise in a wide variety of specialty areas, including:
- Forensic accounting
- Fraud accounting
- Internal auditing
- Business law
- Cost Management
Financing Your MSA Degree
Along with opportunities for financial aid through loans and grants, the Brennan School of Business offers a variety of departmental scholarships for outstanding academic achievement and graduate assistantships for those who wish to work with faculty while pursuing their degree. Contact our Office of Financial Aid to learn more.
We can be reached at (708) 524-6809 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What can I do with an MSA degree?
Accountants and auditors are in demand in practically every type of business, institution and government agency. They examine financial records for accuracy, make sure taxes are paid on time and in accordance with the law, and help organizations and businesses find ways to operate more efficiently. The job outlook is particularly strong, according to Labor Department forecasts. In fact, our students have received job offers before graduation.
A few of the accounting firms employing Dominican business graduates:
- Plante Moran
How affordable is the tuition?
We offer our Master of Science in Accounting at a significant discount compared with other graduate business degrees. The cost is $450 per credit hour. Read more about tuition and aid at the Brennan School of Business.
Why does AACSB accreditation matter?
The Brennan School of Business at Dominican University is AACSB-accredited, a distinction earned by less than five percent of business schools worldwide. AACSB schools are evaluated on a number of factors, including intellectual contributions and impact, student progression and career development and teaching effectiveness. Accreditation is a mark of a strong return on your investment with higher-caliber academics. See what sets us apart
What are the application and MSA requirements?
To apply, you will need the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- One undergraduate course in financial accounting (completed with a grade of B or higher)
- Two recommendations (from a current or past employer, professor or professional colleague)
- A personal statement and résumé
The GMAT and work experience are not required.
Ready to take the next step? Apply now online
Can I transfer credits?
You may transfer up to six relevant graduate-level credit hours toward your Dominican MSA. All transfer credits are subject to approval and must be submitted on an official transcript showing a grade of B or higher. To see if your credits transfer, contact the Office of the Registrar.
Do Business Better with an MSA from Dominican University