Master of Science in Healthcare Management
Build the management skills you need to make your mark on the future of healthcare. As one of the Chicago area’s leading business schools, Dominican University partnered with industry professionals to design a healthcare management program that combines a strong foundation in business knowledge with specialized training in healthcare-specific topics. In small classes, you’ll learn from industry professionals who bring practical insights to the classroom—and you’ll have the flexibility you need as a busy working professional.
- Enjoy the flexibility of online and in-person courses
- Complete the program in as little as 12 months—or over a longer period
- Get practical insights from experienced practitioners
- Apply theory to practice through a capstone project
- Learn alongside a diverse cohort of students from a variety of professional backgrounds
Start advancing your career today. Request information now.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Our leading-edge curriculum is evenly divided between our core graduate courses in management and specialized topics in healthcare. The program begins with a gateway course that introduces you to negotiation, conflict resolution and problem solving. Next, you’ll study the principles of leadership, learn about corporate responsibility and the ethical dimensions of business, and explore analytics or financial decision-making.
Finally, you’ll take five courses that prepare you to apply business skills to the healthcare industry:
- Human Resources & Change Management in Healthcare Organizations
- Healthcare Communications
- Financial Planning and Budgeting in Healthcare Organizations
- Strategy, Risk Management, and the Balanced Scorecard
- Capstone Experience in Healthcare Management
The capstone is a flexible, student-driven experience that brings together everything you’ve learned. You can choose to work in a team to solve a business problem within a healthcare organization, or work on a customized project that addresses a challenge within your own workplace.
Dominican’s Master of Science in Healthcare Administration at a Glance
- Study online and on campus
- Complete 30 hours of coursework (10 courses)
- Earn a master’s degree in as little as 12 months—or take all the time you need
- Learn at an AACSB-accredited institution
WHAT TO EXPECT AS YOU EARN YOUR MS IN HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT AT DOMINICAN
In small classes, you’ll collaborate closely with faculty and classmates who bring a wide variety of experiences and perspectives to class. You’ll gain real-world insights from faculty practitioners with first-hand experience at every level of healthcare management.
You’ll also enjoy the convenience of online classes along with the in-person experience of on-campus courses. You can take one course at a time or more than one, giving you the flexibility to complete the degree on a schedule that works for you.
A Top-Ranked Education from the Brennan School of Business
The Brennan School of Business is AACSB-accredited, a distinction earned by fewer than five percent of business schools worldwide. AACSB schools are evaluated on a number of factors, including intellectual contributions and impact, student progression and career development, and teaching effectiveness. Accreditation is a mark of a strong return on your investment with higher-caliber academics.
Alumni Networking and Career Support Resources
Draw on our robust career resources as a student and long after graduation. We offer everything from one-on-one career mentoring and advising through our Executives in Residence program to an e-recruiting platform that can help you find your next career opportunity. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to network and interact with business leaders.
FINANCING YOUR HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT DEGREE
As a graduate student at Dominican, you’ll find the resources to help offset your tuition and costs. In addition to loans and grants, the Brennan School of Business offers a variety of scholarships for outstanding academic achievement. Contact the Office of Financial Aid to learn more.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
What can I do with a master’s degree in healthcare management?
A master’s degree in this growing field will empower you to lead change at every level of the healthcare sector. From senior leadership in a hospital setting to running your own healthcare business, the opportunities are endless. For example:
- Director of Brand Marketing for a Healthcare Organization
- Entrepreneur in a Health-Related Field
- Healthcare Business Director
- Healthcare Consultant
- Hospital Administrator
- Hospital System CEO
- Long-Term Care Administrator
- Physician Practice Manager
- Regulatory Affairs Director
- Research Study Coordinator
What career support is available?
You’ll have full access to the Brennan Career Development Program. There, you can schedule one-on-one strategy sessions with faculty members who also have C-suite experience at major corporations like IBM and Merrill Lynch. You can also connect with our powerful alumni network and seek out opportunities through an e-recruiting platform. These are lifelong career management services that you’ll be able to access as a student and beyond.
How do I apply?
Please submit the following:
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional
- Personal statement
- GRE scores are not required but may be submitted to strengthen an application