GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Dominican University is proud to announce our partnership in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which allows qualified Post-9/11 veterans to enroll in approved education programs at Dominican University using their VA benefits along with institutional support to cover tuition when annual benefit levels have been exhausted.
- Montgomery GI Bill®: Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill®: Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- Vocational Rehabilitation: Veterans with Disabilities (Chapter 31)
To determine your Chapter eligibility, please call 888-GI-BILL-1 and speak with a Veterans Benefits Counselor. Please be sure to request your Certificate of Eligibility. Visit the GI Bill® website to apply and learn more about education benefit descriptions and payment rates.
More Information regarding Transferability of Post-9/11 GI-Bill Benefits (Chapter 33 only).
Note: upon approval, family members may apply to use transferred benefits with the VA. This step should only be completed and submitted to the VA by the family member after the Department of Defense has approved the request for Transferring Benefits.
Using Your Benefits
To begin using your GI Bill® benefits at Dominican University, please submit the following forms to the Office of Financial Aid:
- Dominican University VA Education Benefit Enrollment Certification Form. (This document must be submitted every semester you would like to use your benefits.)
- DD214 (both Member 1 and Member 4 copies are acceptable)
- NOBE (if you are a member of the Selected Reserves)
- Certificate of Eligibility (for Chapter 30 and 33 recipients). If you have not received this from the VA yet, please submit all other required documents for processing. Your COE can be submitted to us once received.
Continue Using Your Benefits at Dominican University
To continue using your GI Bill® benefits at Dominican University, you must repeat the following steps.
- Each month: Process your monthly verification of enrollment with the VA (not necessary for Chapter 33 recipients).
- Each semester: Submit the VA Education Benefit Enrollment Certification Form to the Financial Aid Services office. The form may be faxed, mailed or submitted in person.
NOTE: If you withdraw from one or more of your classes, it could affect your eligibility for VA Benefits. It is your responsibility to notify the Certifying Official if you add/drop any courses during the semester.
Why Should I Complete a FAFSA?
Service members should always complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for additional grant and loan eligibility options each year.
You must indicate your veteran status in step two of your FAFSA. Veteran benefits do not affect your eligibility for any merit based Dominican University scholarships but may affect your consideration for institutional grants.
Deferred billing options are available to veterans who are receiving education benefits.