How to Apply
Finish your bachelor’s online with one of Dominican’s Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) Degree-Completion programs designed for working adults. Up to 68 semester hours are accepted in transfer credit from a two-year school and up to 90 semester hours are accepted from four-year colleges and universities*. Request a one-on-one consultation with a BPS admission counselor to make sure you’re on track to meet your academic goals.
BPS Application Requirements
- Online application
- Official transcripts from every college/university attended
- Cumulative grade-point average of 2.5 on 4.0 scale
- Students with less than a 2.5 GPA should explain in the personal statement how this academic experience will be different
- Two-page essay or personal statement
BPS Transfer Recommendations
The following courses strengthen comprehension, reading, writing, analytical and critical thinking skills and are highly recommended for transfer to a BPS program:
- English/Rhetoric 101, English/Rhetoric 102
- Finite Math or above or, a 100 level or higher statistics course
- Natural Sciences (6 semester hours)
- Social Sciences (6 semester hours)
- Humanities (6 semester hours)
- World Religions
BPS Degree-Completion Agreements
BPS Degree-Completion Agreements create a smooth and seamless transfer process to Dominican University. Students intending to earn an associate degree should apply for admission to Dominican at least one semester prior to graduating from a community college.
We're here to support you every step of the way. Contact us to learn more.
*Dominican will accept a maximum of 18 Associate in Applied Science (AAS) credits in transfer. There is no maximum AAS credit requirement for the AAS Paralegal courses for the BPS in Legal Studies program.