Dual Degree Programs
Two master’s degrees may be required or recommended for work in some specialized libraries or information centers. To help our students meet these specific career goals Dominican University offers a series of combined-degree programs. This approach allows students to complete work on both degrees in less time than it would take to pursue each separately.
Dominican University provides these programs by
- Working in conjunction with another institution or
- Fostering cooperation between two schools within Dominican University.
Dual degree students are simultaneously enrolled in both programs. Upon successful completion, students receive two distinct degrees.
Dual Degree Programs
- MLIS and Master of Business Administration
- MLIS and Master of Social Work
- MLIS and MA in Public History
- MLIS and Master of Divinity
- MLIS and Master of Arts in Youth Literature
- MLIS and Master of Science in Information Management
Admission Process and Requirements
Visit the dual degree program of interest for admission requirements.
Roosevelt MA History and Dominican Certificate in Archives and Cultural Heritage Resources and Services
The School of Information Studies (SOIS) has partnered with Roosevelt University in Chicago to offer the opportunity for students in Roosevelt's MA program in history to seek SOIS's Certificate in Archives and Cultural Heritage Resources and Services. The intersection and complementary nature of these two areas of study and professional preparation create a logical disciplinary partnership. History students are frequently attracted to careers such as the curation and management of special historical collections of manuscripts, artifacts, and media. This opportunity provides advanced history students with an additional career avenue. Interested students should contact Dr. Cecilia Salvatore, professor and coordinator of archives and cultural heritage resources and services, or their academic advisor at Roosevelt.
- Online application
- Transcripts indicating current enrollment in good standing in Roosevelt's MA History program
- Apply online
- In the online application, select "Post-Degree student" in the list under "Which of the following "student types" best describes you?" question. You will be asked to create an application account. Once logged in, under "I will be applying as" select "Graduate Post-Degree student" in the drop down menu. Under the next question, "I am interested in studying" select "Archives and Cultural Heritage Resources and Services Certificate".
- Please contact the Office of Graduate Admission to let them know you are a Roosevelt student regarding waivers of any admission requirements not listed above.