How to Apply
RN–BSN Program Application Checklist
Download the applicant checklist (pdf)
- Complete the online application.
- Personal statement that addresses “Why I want to complete my BSN even though I am an RN.”
- Submit two letters of recommendation; if possible, one should be from a supervisor and the other should be from a clinical nursing instructor. New graduates can submit two letters from nursing instructors.
- All official college transcripts.
- Copy of Active RN License or Proof of Scheduled NCLEX.
- Completion of all prerequisite coursework prior to enrolling in Dominican University’s nurse cohort courses and/or an approved academic plan finalized with the RN to BSN Director.
- At least 34 semester hours must be completed at Dominican to meet the residency requirement for the university; 124 credit hours must be completed in total for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
Note: You may begin application process before graduating from an Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program. If intending to apply prior to ADN graduation, contact Tamara Bland, RN–BSN Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.