How to Apply
When you apply to Dominican as a first-year student, your high school academic performance, engagement in and outside of the classroom and your essay are key factors in our holistic admission review decisions—but who you are as a person is equally important. We make admission decisions on a rolling basis beginning December 1. Test scores are not required.
A strong candidate for the associate degree program should meet the following criteria:
- A cumulative grade-point average of 2.3-2.74 on a 4.0 scale
- Sixteen units of high school coursework, fourteen of which should be in the fields of English, mathematics, foreign language, social science and laboratory science
- Live in or near Chicago’s South or West side
- Be affiliated with a community-based organization or one of our partners
- Examples include OneGoal, Bottomline, College Possible, Chicago Scholars, Cristo Rey Network, Noble Network, etc.
If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, don’t worry. We encourage you to contact us at Chicago.email@example.com to see if you qualify for our program.
Ready to apply? Follow these steps
- Start your application online
- Submit the following required items:
- Official high school transcript