Skip to main content
Can I transfer previous coursework toward my degree?

In most cases, degree coursework for transfer must come from a master’s level program. Please reach out to your graduate recruiter for more information at

What is MyDU?

Once you have set up your Dominican account, you will be able to log in to MyDU. MyDU is a platform used by students to check their student schedules, look at final grades, register for courses, view and pay their e-bill, complete course evaluations, etc.

What is Canvas?

Canvas is the portal you will use to access your course(s). Your courses will be published to Canvas on their start date. This is where you will view course requirements, submit assignments and participate in the course. Read a quick start guide and frequently asked questions about how to use the Canvas system. Note: Canvas is used for both online and on-ground classes.

When will I be able to log in to my Dominican email account, MyDU and Canvas?

You will receive an automated email from the IT Support Center requesting that you set up your Dominican University username and password within 48 hours of your acceptance. Your Dominican email account will be the official means of communication while you are in the program (if you already have a Dominican email account, you will not need to set up a new account). You will also use this username and password to login to MyDU and Canvas. If you experience any difficulties in accessing or using your email account, please contact the IT Support Center at (708) 524-6888 or

How do I drop my course(s)?

You can drop your course by logging into MyDU. Once you log in, you can drop your courses by clicking “Add/Drop Courses” in your viewer. After the add/drop deadline, drops will need to be processed using a paper drop form obtained from the Registrar's office and signed off on by your advisor.

What accommodations are available for graduate students with disabilities?

Students with disabilities are encouraged to work with the Accommodations and Disability Access Coordinator to identify reasonable accommodations. Visit Accommodations and Disability Access for more information.