Skip to main content
Our non-degree certificate programs are designed for professionals who already have a Master of Social Work and are seeking to advance their careers.

For those who already have an MSW from a CSWE-accredited program, we offer post-MSW certificates in the following areas of critical need and high demand:


Gerontology is the multidisciplinary study of the biological, physical, psychological, sociological, spiritual and economic aspects of aging. The gerontology program produces social workers professionally trained to provide services to the older adult population. The program is available to both MSW students as part of their studies and as a post-master's certificate for those who already hold an MSW. In either case, students take four 3-credit courses and complete a two-semester internship. The program can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis.

Learn more about our Gerontology Graduate Certificate in Aging Care.

School Social Work Licensure

Our school social work program prepares students to obtain a Professional Educator License (PEL) with the endorsement needed for social work positions in Illinois public schools K-12. Applicants must be currently enrolled in our MSW program or have already earned an MSW from another CSWE-accredited program.

Learn more about our Social Work in Schools Certification.