How to Apply
To apply to the master of arts in education (elevation) program, please submit the following:
- The online application
- Hold a valid Professional Educator License (PEL)
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and no grade lower than a C in any endorsement coursework
- Have completed at least one half of their endorsement courses at Dominican University
- Complete additional coursework to total 30 semester hours
An applicants must complete the admission process to the selected degree or endorsement/approval program prior to the first term of enrollment. Any exceptions require the approval of the director of the School of Education. Applicants must register for courses before the first class meeting.
- Summer I: May 9–June 27; deadline April 30
- Summer II: July 6–August 24; deadline: June 25
- Fall I: August 30–October 22; deadline: August 20
- Fall II: October 25–December 18; deadline: October 15
- Spring I: January 10–March 4; deadline: January 3
- Spring II: March 14–May 5; deadline: March 4
An applicant wishing to enroll as a student-at-large, rather than as a degree-seeking student, must submit a student-at-large application and official transcripts. Student-at-large status is permissible for one semester only and for a maximum of six-credit hours. International students are not eligible to apply for student-at-large status.