Recipe Box Cafe
A tradition of Dominican University for over five decades, the cafe is managed by Nutrition and Dietetics students who create the menu, procure the food, produce, and serve 3-course meals. Reserve your seats today at email@example.com or 708-524-6690. Cost is $12 per person ($6 for students). Shaffer Silveri Atrium, Parmer Hall. Open to the public.
Fall Semester: Dinner is served weekly on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m, October - early December with some exceptions.
Reservations for Dine In and To Go orders are required. Links coming soon!
October 6 - A MEXITALIAN LOVE STORY
- Bruschetta with cilantro shrimp
- Pollo pesto pasta
- Horchata with chocolate dipped biscotti
October 13 - GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE
- Rainbow garden salad with vinaigrette dressing
- Zucchini noodles with scallions, tahini, & black sesame
- Lavender cashew cheesecake with berries
October 20 - FLAVORS FROM ASSYRIA
- White bean soup with pickled vegetables
- Grilled koobideh kabobs with rice & roasted vegetables
- Nazukeh walnut pastries with turkish coffee
October 27 - WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU CITRUS…
- Beet salad with pistachio, red onion, goat cheese, & orange
- Citrus chicken with lemon potatoes, roasted vegetables & pilaf
- Tangy key lime pie
November 3 - Día de LOS MUERTOS
- Details to come!
November 10 - TASTE OF THE MIDDLE EAST
- Arabic salad of cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper & parsley
- Palestinian musakhan- sumac chicken & homemade flatbread
- Vanilla cinnamon rice pudding topped with figs
November 17 - VEG-MEX
- Fresh cactus salad topped with queso fresco
- Spiced chickpea tacos with mexican rice & beans
- Churros with chocolate avocado dipping sauce
December 1 - CARIBBEAN ESCAPE
- Pholouri fritters with chutney
- Trinidadian pelau pigeon peas & rice
- Coconut bread with tropical fruit compote
Recipe Box Cafe is put on as part of a Nutrition Science course held during the fall and spring academic semesters. The voicemail and email are not checked outside of those times. We look forward to serving you soon!