Open Enrollment for 2024
Open Enrollment: Monday, November 6 through Friday, November 17, 2023.
Our medical coverage will remain with our current carrier, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois. Our dental, group term life, LTD and voluntary life coverage will remain with our current carrier, MetLife. Our insurance brokers, CBIZ, negotiated with BC/BS of IL and MetLife and were able to reduce the university’s overall total premium increase down but will still have a premium increase for medical and dental this year. Individual increase levels will vary depending on plan option and level.
Please review the Dominican University 2024 Benefits Guide for summary plan details. The monthly rates for employees can be found on page 24 of the Benefits Guide. Or, for your convenience, you may also view the Medical and Dental Insurance Rates for 2024 (pdf opens in a new window).
Key Points of Note for 2024
- We are maintaining our health insurance coverage through BC/BS of IL with four plan choice offerings: PPO, HDHP, HMO and PPO Blue Choice.
- PPO Blue Choice provides lower premium options compared to the regular PPO plan by taking advantage of a narrower network. PPO participants are encouraged to review this option carefully to see if their providers are in the narrower network. Please plan to attend an open enrollment session listed below to learn more.
- Vision care is still included as part of our BC/BS of IL healthcare coverage for the basic PPO, HMO and HDHP plans. Vision is not included with the PPO Blue Choice plan so we offer an optional vision plan through EyeMed. This vision plan is totally separate from our medical plan and has a separate monthly charge. Please refer to vision details on page 23 of the 2024 Benefits Guide. Also, here is a short vision video outlining the plans.
- Benefits enrollment will be managed online through Paycor. Medical, dental and voluntary life decisions will carry over from 2023. If you want the same plans/coverages, no action is required. However, we strongly encourage you to carefully review and confirm all of your plan choices.
- If you are enrolled in a flexible spending account, you must re-enroll for 2024 if you wish to continue. Our vendor is PayFlex and enrollment will once again be part of the online process through Paycor.
- Reminder: Open Enrollment will not start until November 6 and all updated elections must be submitted by Friday, November 17, 2023.
For many of our benefit eligible employees, we only have paper copies of their beneficiary designation. Paycor is able to capture this information so we are asking that all benefit eligible employees update their beneficiary designations for the group term life insurance.
We will be hosting five Open Enrollment Education Sessions presented by CBIZ. Please plan to attend one to learn about our plan offerings!
|Friday, November 3||2:30 p.m.||Virtual via Zoom|
|Wednesday, November 8||11:00 a.m.||In person, Cusack Board Room|
|Wednesday, November 8||2:30 p.m.||In person, Parmer 108|
|Tuesday, November 14||11:00 a.m.||In person, Springer Suites, Crown Library|
|Thursday, November 16||2:30 p.m.||Virtual via Teams Passcode: b8VWgf|