Open Enrollment for 2023
Open Enrollment: Monday, November 7 through Friday, November 18, 2022.
Our medical coverage will remain with our current carrier, Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Illinois. Our insurance brokers, CBIZ, negotiated with BC/BS of IL and were able to significantly reduce the university’s overall total premium increase from double digits down to 8.6%. Individual increase levels will vary depending on plan option and level.
We are pleased to announce that there will be no rate increase for our MetLife dental and voluntary life coverage for 2023.
Please review the Dominican University 2023 Benefits Guide for summary plan details. The monthly rates for employees can be found on page 24 of the Benefits Guide. Or, for your convenience, you may also view the Medical and Dental Insurance Rates for 2023 (pdf).
Key Points of Note for 2023
- We are maintaining our health insurance coverage through BC/BS of IL and will now add one more plan choice for a total of four offerings: PPO, HDHP, HMO and PPO Choice.
- PPO Choice provides lower premium options by taking advantage of a narrower network. PPO participants are encouraged to review this option carefully to see if their providers are in the narrower network. Please plan to attend an open enrollment session listed below to learn more.
- Vision care is still included as part of our BC/BS of IL healthcare coverage for the basic PPO, HMO and HDHP plans. Please refer to vision details on page 18-19 of the Benefits Guide for the basic vision coverage through the PPO, HMO & HDHP plans. We are also introducing a new, optional vision plan through EyeMed. This vision plan will be totally separate from our medical plan and will have a separate monthly charge. Please refer to EyeMed vision details on page 23 of the Benefits Guide. Also, here is a short vision video outlining the EyeMed plan as well as the vision coverage that is included through BC/BS of IL.
- Benefits enrollment will be managed online through Paycor. Medical, dental and voluntary life decisions will carry over from 2022. If you want the same plans/coverages, no action is required. However, we strongly encourage you to carefully review and confirm all of your plan choices.
- If you are enrolled in a flexible spending account, you must re-enroll for 2023 if you wish to continue. Our vendor is PayFlex and enrollment will once again be part of the online process through Paycor.
- Reminder: Open Enrollment will not start until November 7th and all updated elections must be submitted by Friday, November 18, 2022.
For most of our benefit eligible employees, we only have paper copies of their beneficiary designation. Paycor is able to capture this information so we are asking that all benefit eligible employees update their beneficiary designations for the group term life insurance.
We will be hosting five Open Enrollment Education Sessions presented by CBIZ. Please plan to attend one to learn about our plan offerings including a new PPO Choice plan!
|Wednesday, October 26||2:30 p.m.||Virtual via Zoom|
|Thursday, October 27||9:30 a.m.||Virtual via Zoom|
|Tuesday, November 8||12:30 p.m.||In person, Parmer 108|
|Thursday, November 10||2:30 p.m.||In person, Parmer 108|
|Wednesday, November 16||1:30 p.m.||In person, Parmer 108|