Services for External Guests
Campus Safety works to ensure a safe and positive experience for not only its community members, but also all of our external guests. The following services may be requested by dialing extension 5999 from any on campus phone or (708) 524-5999 from any personal phone 24/7/365. We will accommodate any and all requests as efficiently and as quickly as possible.
- Vehicle Battery Jumps. May be requested if the vehicle is on campus property. Dispatch will ask that the individual open the hood of their car and will ask for a description of the vehicle. The requestor must be present at the vehicle when Campus Safety arrives.
- Safety Escorts. May be provided from any two points on campus property. The Campus Safety Officer will meet the requester at the specified location and will walk them to their destination.
- Crime Reporting. Can be facilitated to the River Forest Police Department (RFPD) if necessary. Campus Safety officers will work as liaisons between RFPD and our guests should an event occur requiring RFPD assistance.
- Extended Visitor Passes. Available in Campus Safety Dispatch. Any visitor staying for more than two hours and are not parking in the Visitor Circle will be required to retrieve a temporary pass. Please provide your plate number, make, model and vehicle color information. Overnight guests should visit for a pass with their host present.
- Campus Navigation. Need help navigating campus? Call Campus Safety and one of our officers or student patrol members will gladly assist you in getting to your destination.
- Lost and Found. Campus Safety Dispatch houses all lost items that are found on campus. If you find yourself without an item, come visit us to see if we have it. Identification may be required to prove ownership.