What is the Waters Internship?
The Waters Internship creates opportunities for students to live out their faith and justice commitments on campus. Teams of interns work in five different areas—Design and Outreach, Faith Justice, Interfaith, Liturgies and Retreats and Vocation. These students work collaboratively and creatively all the while reflecting deeply and consistently on the call to leadership and ministry. Waters interns and staff work together to foster the Dominican spirit by becoming leaders who embody the Four Pillars—Community, Prayer, Service and Study.
Here are elements of our program:
- Passion for building communities where everyone belongs, for drawing others into relationship and for spending a year exploring and embodying hospitality as a way of life.
- Interest in reflecting deeply and sharing openly with others about the journey of life and faith.
- Desire to be part of a team that values faith, collaboration, diversity and dialogue.
- Display a high level of personal initiative and responsibility.
- Open to learning about the Catholic faith, Dominican heritage and mission, and a variety of faith traditions.
- Interest in contributing to the ministry of University Ministry and desire to share in its goals and the wider university mission.
- Maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.0 and remaining in good academic and disciplinary standing.
If you would like more information, please stop by the University Ministry Center, Mazzuchelli North 298, or email the Director of University Ministry, Tara Segal.