Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR)
Translate: En Español
The Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) program is designed to welcome you into the Dominican University community. SOAR helps you discover the tools needed to be a successful Dominican student both inside and outside the classroom.
The SOAR program includes meeting with an academic advisor and registering for classes, interacting with staff throughout the university, learning about campus resources, and meeting both new and current students. It’s the first step to reaching the new heights and amazing possibilities open to you at Dominican!
Attending SOAR is required for all new undergraduate students—incoming first-years and transfers—whether you'll live on campus or commute. Space is limited and registrations may close before the deadline, so please make your arrangements to attend the entire program early.
SUMMER 2022 SOAR DATES
First-Year Students (two-day, in person, overnight SOAR program)
- Tuesday, June 14 and Wednesday, June 15
- Tuesday, June 21 and Wednesday, June 22
- Tuesday, June 28 and Wednesday, June 29
- Tuesday, July 12 and Wednesday, July 13
- Tuesday, July 19 and Wednesday, July 20
- Tuesday, July 26 and Wednesday, July 27
Transfer Students (one-day program)
- Friday, June 3 (Virtual)
- Thursday, June 9 (In Person)
- Friday, July 1 (Virtual)
- Friday, July 22 (In Person)
- Friday, August 12 (Virtual)