Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR)
Translate: En Español
The Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) program is designed to welcome you into the Dominican University community. SOAR helps you discover the tools needed to be a successful Dominican student both inside and outside the classroom.
The SOAR program includes meeting with an academic advisor and registering for classes, interacting with staff throughout the university, learning about campus resources, and meeting both new and current students. It’s the first step to reaching the new heights and amazing possibilities open to you at Dominican!
Attending SOAR is required for all new undergraduate students—incoming first-years and transfers—whether you'll live on campus or commute. Space is limited and registrations may close before the deadline, so please make your arrangements to attend the entire program early.
2023 SOAR DATES
First-Year and Transfer Students
The first-year student SOAR programs will take place on the following dates in 2023:
- Tuesday, June 6 & Wednesday, June 7
- Tuesday, June 13 & Wednesday, June 14
- Tuesday, June 20 & Wednesday, June 21
- Tuesday, June 27 & Wednesday, June 28
- Tuesday, July 11 & Wednesday, July 12
- Tuesday, July 18 & Wednesday, July 19
The transfer SOAR programs will take place on the following dates in 2023:
- Friday, June 2 (Virtual)
- Friday, June 16 (In Person)
- Friday, June 30 (Virtual)
- Friday, July 14 (In Person)
- Friday, August 12 (Virtual)