Skip to main content

Welcome to your go-to source for questions about “how to get it done” in the Learning Behavior Specialist I endorsement program at Dominican University.

If you are a newly accepted and/or newly registered student, please be sure to also check out the Accepted Students page. If you can't find the information you're looking for here, please contact the Office of Graduate Admission or your academic advisor, Dr. John Snakenborg, and we'll help point you in the right direction. In general, the most current sources of information and forms are online. Here is an inventory of resources and information that you may find helpful.

Examples of the kinds of things found on the MyDU intranet:

Your academic advisor is the best place to start with questions about course selection. Many administrative functions are controlled by the university rather than within the School of Education (SOE), although the SOE office can help navigate the central offices if there is a question.

Frequently Asked Questions (How Do I ... )
Apply for Financial Aid?

Financial Aid is available in the form of loans, as opposed to scholarships, which are gifts and do not need to be paid back. All financial aid questions should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid at (708) 524-6807.

Pay my bill?

E-bills are published once a month; students should log in to MyDU to view the most recent and/or make payments. When e-bills are published, a notification goes to students’ email address. Tuition is generally due at the start of each semester; payment plans are available. Contact Latricia Heard, Director of Student Accounts, at (708) 524-6487 for more information.

To view your published e-bill, login to MyDU, go the "students" tab, select "My Student Accounts" and then click on the "Go to Online Payment Center" link. A bill will not be mailed to you. You will receive an email notification sent to your Dominican email address that your e-bill is ready to be viewed.

Drop a course?

You can drop courses by logging into MyDU and clicking “Add/Drop Courses.” After the add/drop deadline, drops will need to be processed using a paper drop form (link opens pdf in new window), obtained from the Registrar's office and signed off on by your advisor, Dr. John Snakenborg.

Withdraw from a course?

After the add/drop period ends, a student may withdraw (Grade W) from a course any time up to designated withdraw date noted on the academic calendar maintained by the Office of the Registrar. A request to withdraw from a course or courses must be submitted in writing to the Office of the Registrar either in person, via fax at (708) 524-6943 or through the mail. After the withdraw date, a student wishing to withdraw must request permission for an administrative withdrawal from the School of Education director in writing or via email. Administrative withdrawals are only granted in cases of extreme hardship or illness.

Register online?

Current students should be able to register electronically by logging on to MyDU; new students registering for the first time need to submit a paper copy registration form (link opens pdf in new window) to John Snakenborg via email or fax to (708) 524-6665. The registration schedule is available on MyDU—Resources—Registrar’s Office—Registration—Advance Registration Dates.

Get a refund from a class I've dropped or withdrawn from?

Unless a course is dropped during the first week there will be some tuition charge dependent on the date the course is dropped. The refund schedule is available on MyDU—Student Accounts—Refund Schedule.

See the current course schedule? Upcoming semesters' schedules?

Visit MyDU—Course Search, then select the appropriate semester, then select "School of Educ - SPED” in the Department pull-down. Upcoming semesters’ schedules are only posted a few weeks before registration opens. Please note that course schedules are subject to change based on enrollment.

What do I do when I have finished my coursework?

Candidates must pass the Learning Behavior Specialist I (155) content test in order for the endorsement to be added to their licensure.

Endorsements can only be added to a valid Illinois Professional Educator License. Upon completion of coursework, apply for this endorsement through the Licensure Office at Dominican University ( Once entitled, you must apply for the endorsement through your ELIS account.