Department of Theatre Arts and Music
Dominican provides professional-level training to students of music and theatre arts. Students choose from the following programs:
The Department of Theatre Arts and Music offers an intimate but distinctive program with several key features, including:
- Student productions in which even first-year students are eligible for significant roles
- Faculty committed to individual attention and ongoing mentorship
- Rigorous professional development within the context of a liberal arts education
- Hands-on experience with guest artists of varying genres
- A professional-caliber home, Dominican’s Performing Arts Center
The theatre arts program prepares graduates to pursue careers in the competitive world of professional theatre. Graduates can also use the critical reading, thinking and writing skills they gained at Dominican to pursue entry-level professional employment in a variety of corporate or nonprofit settings, or to apply for graduate study.
"All kinds of people end up in theatre, from true extroverts to the very soft spoken. What they all have in common is a strong sense of social interaction and a desire to creatively impact the world around them."
–Krista Hansen, MFA
Chair and Associate Professor, Theatre Arts and Music