Completing an internship can be an important step in the career search process. The hands-on experience and job knowledge a student gains through an internship will play a major role in helping him or her make an informed career choice. At Dominican, internships are considered to be primarily an academic experience and available to students in any major. Students must complete and submit an internship application prior to the start of the internship experience.
The following handouts provide additional information about internships at Dominican University.
- Internship Guide (pdf): guidelines for participating in an internship experience and information on how to obtain one
- Internship Application (pdf): an online application is required to be completed by the student, employer and faculty advisor prior to the start of an internship. Begin your internship application process.
- Summer Internship Tuition Grant (pdf): for students completing summer internships, apply online for a grant to have up to three credits of your summer internship experience funded. (Please note that the internship application is included in the Summer Internship Tuition Grant application—no additional/separate internship application needs to be completed)
Find out if you are eligible for the Summer Tuition Internship Grant to have up to three credits of your summer internship experience funded. For complete details and to confirm eligibility, please stop by or call Career & Professional Success at (708) 524-6786. We are located in the Student Success and Engagement Suite in Crown Link 100.
- Student Evaluation (pdf): to be completed by the student at the conclusion of the internship
- Employer Evaluation (pdf): to be completed by the employer at the conclusion of the internship
- Faculty Evaluation (pdf): to be completed by the faculty advisor at the conclusion of the internship
The following websites provide additional information about internship opportunities:
- Handshake: Browse campus events and job/internship postings.
- Micro-Internships: browse micro-internships available to all students. Micro-Internships are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns.
- LinkedIn: access to internships posted by LinkedIn employer
- NPO.net: a listing of employment opportunities with Chicagoland non-profit organizations
- CareerShift: searchable database of organizations by industry and location