Career development can assist Dominican students with any aspect of your employment search. Meet with a career advisor to create a resume, prepare for an interview and develop a comprehensive job search strategy.
You can download the following career resources below or pick up a copy in the Office of Career Development.
- Four-Year Plan (pdf): an overview of how to get involved with career development starting with your freshman year
- Resume Guide (pdf): tips on formatting, layouts and the basics of writing a resume
- Job Search Guide (pdf): provides information about the resources available to you and the steps involved with implementing a successful job search
- Interview Guide (pdf): learn how to prepare for an interview, practice sample questions and information on behavioral interviewing
- Careers in K-12 Education (pdf): information for certified teachers and employment in education
- How to Avoid Fraudulent Job Postings (pdf): learn how to protect yourself from fraudulent job postings during your job search
The following websites provide additional information about employment opportunities.
- Handshake Online Career Center Browse campus events and job/internship postings
- NPO.net. A listing of employment opportunities with Chicagoland non-profit organizations
- CareerShift. Searchable database of organizations by industry and location
- USAJOBS. Listing of all federal employment opportunities
- LinkedIn. Access to entry-level employment opportunities posted by Linked In employers
- Undocumented Student Career Guide. Career resource for undocumented and DACA students