Your full service, on-campus health care provider!
All students – whether full time, part time, graduate, undergraduate, resident or commuter -- may take advantage of the full range of services offered at the Wellness Center. Basic services, including healthcare visits for sick students and counseling, are covered by tuition and fees. Tests, labs and procedures beyond the basic services may incur a charge, which is applied to the student’s account. A list of fees is available at the Wellness Center front desk.
Dominican University maintains and ensures the confidentiality of all Wellness Center consultations and appointments. View our confidentiality policy.
Dominican Flu Clinic
To prepare for the flu season Dominican University will be holding flu clinics. Flu shots are $20 before October 17 and $30 after October 17.
Flu Clinic dates and times:
- Monday, September 15: Clock Lobby 10 a.m.-noon
- Wednesday, October 1: Clock Lobby 10 a.m.-noon
- Friday, October 10: Parmer Hall 10 a.m.-noon
- Wednesday, October 29: Parmer Hall 1-3 p.m.
Health Insurance: Are You Covered?
Effective fall 2014, Dominican University requires all full-time undergraduate students (taking 12 hours or more) to show proof of health insurance coverage.
WHO IS AFFECTED?
All full-time undergraduate students who are taking 12 credit hours or more and all international students who are here on a F1 or J1 visa.
KNOW YOUR OPTIONS
Keeping the campus and YOU healthy and having access to healthcare is an essential part of a successful academic life. Now more than before many options exist for students to be insured:
- You can be insured on your family plan until you are 26 years old Meet the insurance requirement by documenting your existing health insurance through our waiver process at dominicaninsurance.com. Document your existing coverage by September 1, 2014. Your existing plan must meet federal requirements. Once approved, this will waive the student health insurance requirement.
- Enroll in Student Health Insurance Dominican hosts a high quality and affordable health insurance plan for all students taking six or more hours. It is available on a voluntary basis for parttime and graduate students taking six or more hours per semester. To learn more and enroll visit DominicanInsurance.com.
- Get covered now by County Care (Cook County) or Medicaid Individuals with annual incomes under $15,000 and that cannot afford health insurance, you can apply for County Care (Cook County) or Medicaid.
You still need to meet the September 1, 2014 deadline to document your health insurance on our waiver request form, so enroll now. Information is available at Access Community Health Network (773) 247-2085 or at Cook County Health System (855) 444-1661.
County Care Income guidelines and citizenship requirements apply.
Students who do not document their coverage by September 1, 2014 will be automatically enrolled for each semester in the student health plan, with the premium of $925 for the fall semester, $1,125 for spring/summer semester. It will be charged to their student account.
You may choose to enroll early—before Sept 1, 2014—for the full year a for a full year at a cost of $1,850, a $200 savings. If you need help enrolling or documenting your coverage, contact Dominican’s Wellness Center at (708) 524-6229 or email@example.com.
For more information visit DominicanInsurance.com.