Completing an internship can be an important step in the career search process. The hands-on experience and job knowledge a student gains through an internship will play a major role in helping him or her make an informed career choice. At Dominican, internships are considered to be primarily an academic experience and available to students in any major. Students must complete and submit an internship application prior to the start of the internship experience.
The following handouts provide additional information about internships at Dominican University.
- Internship Guide - guidelines for participating in an internship experience and information on how to obtain one
- Internship Application - required to be completed by the student, employer and faculty advisor prior to the start of an internship
- Summer Internship Tuition Grant - for students completing summer internships, apply for a grant to have up to 3 credits of your summer internship experience paid for
- Student Evaluation - to be completed by the student at the conclusion of the internship
- Employer Evaluation - to be completed by the employer at the conclusion of the internship
- Faculty Evaluation - to be completed by the faculty advisor at the conclusion of the internship
- CD2GO - request an internship workshop customized to your student group
The following websites provide additional information about internship opportunities:
- ISCPA - the Illinois Small College Placement Association is where Dominican posts all of our job and internship opportunities
- NPO.net - a listing of employment opportunities with Chicagoland non-profit organizations
- Internships USA - a nation-wide database with over 3000 internship listings across multiple disciplines (username: Dominican and password: Domi201213)
- CareerShift - searchable database of organizations by industry and location
- Internships.com - a site with nation-wide internships for all majors
- LinkedIn.com/studentjobs - access to internships posted by Linked In employer
Summer Internship Tuition Grant
Find out if you are eligible for the Summer Tuition Internship Grant to have up to 3 credits of your summer internship experience paid for.
For complete details and to confirm eligibility, please stop by or call Career Development. Our number is 524-6786 and we are located in the Lower Level of Parmer, Room 010.