How to Apply
To qualify for admission, students must complete the following:
- A bachelor's degree or post-baccalaureate certificate in nutrition and dietetics
- 3.0 GPA
- Acceptable GRE score if GPA is below 3.0
- Personal statement. Personal statement should be 2–3 pages, double-spaced, with one-inch margins all around. Please discuss your personal and professional goals, your strengths/weaknesses, personal definition of professionalism, and career aspirations.
- Current resume to include a list of volunteer experiences with dates, organization and description of volunteer work
- Official transcripts documenting a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and an official transcript from each college attended
- Two professional references: one from a work/volunteer supervisor and one from a professor/instructor
- DPD Verification Statement
- Documentation that applicant did not match to another dietetic internship through D&D digital with the DICAS application.
- CANTS Background Check Form (pdf)
- A grade of B- or better must be earned in all ACEND-required DPD Professional Courses. Provisional/conditional program acceptance may be granted with requirement of successful completion of specified coursework/classes prior to starting the program’s supervised practice rotation courses based on recency of coursework, content of previous courses taken, and grades earned as determined by program review of transcripts and course syllabi. Conditional/provisional acceptance may include requirement for repeat of or additional courses (including any course(s) for which successful completion is prerequisite to registration in required DPD courses) and all necessary documentation.
Dominican University undergraduates and the post-baccalaureate Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) certificate students may apply for admission during the spring of their senior year or last semester of their program.
International students requiring an I-20 or DS 2019 may not apply, since this program is offered primarily online.