Learning Goals and Outcomes
Program-Level Student Learning Goals
- Have a basic understanding of the science of the human body and how the body functions.
- Understand the concept of health disparity/factors that lead to difference in health outcomes across populations in creating a health education/promotion program.
- Involve community in assessing need for health promotions programs.
- Develop a health education/promotion program by planning, implementing, and evaluating these programs.
- Design and manage a health education program for a selected target group including theory objectives, management, and evaluation.
- Explain interrelationships across health and wellness areas and serve as a resource for health education and promotion.
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally including report and proposal preparation and media interactions to communicate health and wellness information.
- Explain the role of advocacy in the policy formation process and promote and advocate in support of a health and wellness policy position.