Partners in Sustainability
Departmental Green Initiatives
- Go Green, Print Lean: All campus printers use a log-in system so users can select which documents they need to print. In addition, the printers also print double sided.
- The Physical Plant uses recycled content in building materials whenever possible. Recycling bins are provided around campus to divert recyclable items from the landfill.
- The Library donates used books to Better World Books.
- Information Technology recycles all computers, printers, cartridges and equipment.
- Filtered tap water coolers were installed in offices on campus to eliminate the need for bottled water coolers.
- The pilot office composting program helps divert food waste from landfills.
Dominican University Dining Services is committed to operating as sustainably as possible through:
- Buying local (items grown or raised within a 150-mile radius of River Forest)
- Sustainably fished seafood
- Biodegradable and compostable disposables
- Implementing water- and energy-saving measures throughout the foodservice operation
- Composting and recycling when possible
The Stepan bookstore, run by Follett, recycles textbooks and offers students the option of renting textbooks or buying used books. The store also offers environmentally friendly products and clothing that is made under fair labor guidelines. For more information, visit Follett's We're Focused on Sustainability website.
Kimco, our maintenance provider, uses green cleaning supplies.