Dominican offers many opportunities for students, faculty and staff to get involved in sustainability efforts on campus and beyond.
Opportunities for students include several sustainability internships as well as student employment positions as sustainability stewards. For more information, visit the student employment website or contact email@example.com.
SustainDU aims to elevate environmental consciousness on campus through sustainability leadership, low- to zero-waste events and partnerships with community and local organizations.
- For sustainability tours, to volunteer in the greenhouse or campus gardens, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- To get involved with the campus bees, contact Ellen McManus or Tama Weisman
- Contact Emily Sabo to get involved in SustainDU.
- For the BikeDU program, dial 0 from a campus phone for the Welcome and Information Desk, or visit one of the WID desks at the Priory east entrance or Main Campus, Lewis Hall and Coughlin Commons desk to obtain information and request a bicycle.
Supporters of Sustainability
- Dominican University Dining Services is committed to operating as sustainably as possible through:
- Buying local (items grown or raised within a 150-mile radius of River Forest)
- Sustainably fished seafood
- Biodegradable and compostable disposables
- Implementing water- and energy-saving measures throughout the foodservice operation
- Composting and recycling when possible
- The Stepan bookstore, run by Follett, recycles textbooks and offers students the option of renting textbooks or buying used books. The store also offers environmentally friendly products and clothing that is made under fair labor guidelines. For more information, visit Follett's We're Focused on Sustainability website.
- Kimco, our maintenance provider, uses green cleaning supplies.