Currently, URSCI offers these initiatives:
Undergraduate Research Assistant Program (URAP)
- Awards up to $1,500 per semester to undergraduate students who work as research assistants for a faculty member.
- The deadline for Spring Semester 2015 is December 1, 2015.
- The deadline for Summer and Fall 2016 is April 15, 2016. Faculty can apply for consecutive semesters of assistance.
Undergraduate Summer Scholar Program (USSP)
- Awards $2,000 to qualified undergraduates to complete an independent research project during the summer under the supervision of a faculty mentor.
- The deadline for Summer 2016 is March 18, 2016.
The 2015 Undergraduate Summer Scholars are:
Paulina Wojtach - Psychology
Margarita Angel - Political Science
Jency Patel (Jared-Beach Scholarship winner) - Neuroscience
Undergraduate Research Support Awards (URSA)
- Provides undergraduates with up to $500 for supplies, equipment or travel costs associated with a research project.
- URSAs are awarded on an on-going basis. There are no deadlines. Monies are awarded until funds are depleted.
Research for Course Credit
- All departments can grant course credit for completed department-approved projects.