Currently, URSCI offers these initiatives:
Undergraduate Research Assistant Program (URAP)
- Awards up to $1,500 per semester to undergraduate students who work as research assistants for a faculty member.
- The deadline for Spring Semester will be December 1, 2015. The deadline for Summer and Fall 2016 will be April 15, 2015. Faculty can apply for consecutive semesters of assistances.
Undergraduate Summer Scholar Program (USSP)
- Awards $2,000 to qualified undergraduates to complete an independent research project during the summer under the supervision of a faculty mentor. The 2016 Deadline will be March 18.
The 2015 Undergraduate Summer Scholars are:
Paulina Wojtach - Psychology
Margarita Angel - Political Science
Jency Patel (Jared-Beach Scholarship winner) - Neuroscience
Undergraduate Research Support Awards (URSA)
- Provides undergraduates with up to $500 for supplies, equipment or travel costs associated with a research project.
- URSAs are awarded on an on-going basis. There are no deadlines. Monies are awarded until funds are depleted.
Research for Course Credit
- All departments can grant course credit for completed department-approved projects.