Currently, URSCI offers these initiatives:
Undergraduate Research Assistant Program (URAP)
- Awards up to $1,500 per semester to undergraduate students who work as research assistants for a faculty member.
- The deadline for Summer and Fall, 2014, URAPs was April 7, 2014. Faculty may now apply for more than one semester of student assistance. If you wish to apply, please see the link under URAP in the Initiatives section.
Undergraduate Summer Scholar Program (USSP)
- Awards $2,000 to qualified undergraduates to complete an independent research project during the summer under the supervision of a faculty mentor.
The 2015 Undergraduate Summer Scholars are:
Paulina Wojtach - Psychology
Margarita Angel - Political Science
Jency Patel (Jared-Beach Scholarship winner) - Neuroscience
Undergraduate Research Support Awards (URSA)
- Provides undergraduates with up to $500 for supplies, equipment or travel costs associated with a research project.
- URSAs are awarded on an on-going basis. There are no deadlines. Monies are awarded until funds are depleted.
Research for Course Credit
- All departments can grant course credit for completed department-approved projects.