Wellness Center Services
A full range of services are provided, including:
Primary Health Care
- Care for injuries, colds and flu, allergies
- Immunizations and physicals
- Screenings and treatment for illnesses and conditions such as strep throat , mononucleosis, STDs, etc.
- Management of chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma
- Sexual health and annual exams
Mental Health Care
- Stress management
- Emotional support
- Counseling – from basic support and help managing stress to therapy for anxiety, depression, relationship issues and other problems
- Screening for depression, anxiety, substance abuse and other problems
- Support groups and workshops on demand
Complementary and Alternative Health Care Services
- A Wellness Room for meditation, centering, relaxation and calming self-care, light therapy for seasonal affective disorder and other alternative wellness supports.
- Nutritional counseling
- Health education and outreach for students with questions about their physical or mental health and well-being, or who are trying to “kick the habit,” whatever it is.
- Help accessing health care services beyond the Wellness Center. When the necessary services are not provided through the Wellness Center, we help students find accessible, affordable options for meeting their health care needs.