Student Leadership and Ministry Program
Download the 2016-2017 Application HERE:
What is SLAM?
The Student Leadership and Ministry (SLAM) team is a leadership development and faith formation program for undergraduate students interested in providing faith-based leadership and outreach to students across campus, and who can commitment to reflecting deeply and consistently on the call to leadership and ministry. We work together to foster the Dominican spirit by becoming leaders who embody the Four Pillars - Community, Prayer, Service, and Study. SLAM is not a student organization or social club, but rather a leadership commitment that involves working and reflecting with the University Ministry staff, fellow SLAM team members, and other partners across campus to build the Dominican University community.
Is SLAM For Me? Who Should Apply?
University Ministry is currently accepting applications from students who will be full-time, undergraduate students at Dominican during the 2016-2017 academic year.
Here are some further qualifications:
- Passion for building communities where everyone belongs, for drawing others into relationship, and for spending a year exploring and embodying hospitality as a way of life.
- Interest in reflecting deeply and sharing openly with others about the journey of life and faith.
- Desire to be part of a team that values faith, collaboration, diversity, and dialogue.
- Display a high level of personal initiative and responsibility.
- Open to learning about the Catholic faith, Dominican heritage and mission, and a variety of faith traditions.
- Interest in contributing to the ministry of the University Ministry department and desire to share in its goals and the wider university mission.
- Maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.0 and remaining in good academic and disciplinary standing.