Housing Payments

Please contact Student Accounts regarding housing payments. It is located in Lewis Hall, Room 119, next to the Registrar's Office on the first floor.

(708) 524-6791

Office Hours
Monday-Thursday 8:30a.m. to 7:00p.m.
Friday 8:30a.m. to 4:30p.m.


If my son/daughter withdraws from housing, do I receive a refund?
Please contact to Student Accounts for more information on refunds.

How do meal plans work?
For more information on meal plans, please contact Debra Kash at or (708) 714-9006.

When do the residence halls close for breaks?
The residence halls close for winter break at noon on the Saturday of finals week, and will re-open for spring semester at noon on the Sunday before classes resume.

The residence halls close for the year on the Friday of finals week at 5pm. For those participating in Candle and Rose, closing is the following day at 5pm.

What if my son/daughter wants to change rooms?
Room changes are not encouraged or allowed until after the third full week of classes. After this time, a room change is warranted only after both residents of the room have attempted to work out any differences. Any resident wishing to change rooms should contact his or her RA who will mediate a conflict resolution meeting. If a room change is still requested, residence life staff will meet with the students involved to determine a resolution and/or room change.

Students must follow proper check-out and check-in procedures when changing rooms. If a student changes a room without authorization from the Office of Residence Life, they are subject to a $50 fine.

Contract Cancellation

The housing application is a binding agreement. The terms of this contract and conditions for occupancy are for one academic year (from August to May, ending 24 hours after the student’s last scheduled examination in each semester according to the official university academic calendar, with the move out deadline being noon on the day the residence halls close). Students may choose to break their contract at any time, with the voluntary termination and refund policy mirroring the voluntary termination and refund policy for tuition.

The student must log in to myDU and fill out a contract cancellation form to break the housing contract. When the Student Accounts Office has received notice of withdrawal from the Office of Residence Life, housing charges will be refunded according to the schedule shown below (please note that the housing deposit is nonrefundable):

Week of CancellationCancellation Fee
Second20% Housing Charge
Third40% Housing Charge
Fourth60% Housing Charge
Fifth80% Housing Charge
Sixth100% Housing Charge