International Research Opportunities
Purpose: Students have the opportunity to conduct international research in their area of study. Fellowships and scholarships are available to help fund these international research experiences.
Apply if: you are an undergraduate or graduate student
- For applicants who are interested in studying a foreign language for 7 to 10 weeks during the summer.
- Students of diverse disciplines and majors are encouraged to apply.
- The languages are: Azerbaijani, Bangla/Bengali, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Pursian, Chinese, Japanese, and Russian.
- Deadline: In 2015, the deadline was on 11/30/2015
Apply if: you are a undergraduate or graduate student
- For applicants who are interested in studying in Germany
- Undergraduates can receive funding for 4-10 months of study, research, or internship
- Graduate students can receive funding in social sciences, hard sciences, or professional areas
- Deadline: In 2015, the deadline is 12/15/15
Apply if: you are a graduating senior, graduate student, or recent graduate
- For applicants who are interested in studying, conducting research, or teaching English in another country
- There Fulbright Program operates in over 155 countries worldwide
Deadline: Fulbright has a yearly application cycle
- Generally opens approximately 15 months before the anticipated start of the grant
- Deadline is approximately 11 or 12 months before the grant’s start date
Apply if : you are interested in pursuing graduate studies in the United Kingdom
- For applications who are interested in pursing full time study of a PhD, Msc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course.
- If accepted, applicants are eligible for 1-4 years of study at Cambridge University
- Deadline: In 2015, the deadline was October 14, 2015.
Apply if: you hold a B.A. and you are interested in conducting research
- For applicants who are interested in conducting research in their respective field of interest
- Recipients will be mentored by a host in Germany in their area of expertise
- Deadline: The 2015 deadline has passed. The next application round will open on March 15, 2016
Apply if : you are an undergraduate students who is a Federal Pell Grant recipient
- For applicants with financial needs who are interested in studying abroad
- Recipients are encouraged to choose non-traditional study abroad destinations outside of Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand
- October 6, 2015 for Spring 2016 Applicants
- March 1, 2016 for Summer and Fall 2016 Applicants
Apply if: you are a Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or recent graduate
- For applicants who are interested in exploring discrimination, protecting minorities, and promoting human rights
- Recipients will travel to Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Lyon, or Warsaw
- Note: this is a 1 month summer program
- Deadline: For 2016, the application is due January 7, 2016
Apply if: you are a graduating senior or a recent graduate
- For applicants who want to study for 1-3 years at any British university for the attainment of a degree
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.7
- Deadlines: For 2016, the application was due October 5, 2015. The 2017 application will open in late spring 2016.
Apply if : you are a graduating senior or a recent graduate
- For applicants who are interested in attending 1 year of graduate school in Ireland
- Applicants must be less than 30 years old
- Deadline: In 2015, the application was due October 1, 2015
Apply if: you are a senior or a graduate student
- For applicants interested in studying at Oxford University in the U. K. for 2-3 years
- Applicants must be at least 18 but not yet 24
- Deadline: In 2015, the deadline was on October 1, 2015