Parent & Family Network
The Parent and Family Programs Committee is an initiative to provide parents and family members a new way to be involved in their child’s college success. The Dominican Parent and Family Network will serve as an advisory group to better connect the university with the needs of the families of our current students.
This free network is a group that reviews current programs and services, provides feedback on events and generates new ideas for parent and family activities. All parents, family members and supporters of current undergraduate students are welcome to join.
Some of the benefits to join include:
- Discounts at certain family events throughout the year;
- Exclusive offers from the Stepan Bookstore and Performing Art Center;
- Biannual copies of Dominican Magazine;
- Invitations to special university events;
- Opportunities for local and regional involvement with university events;
- The opportunity to meet other families; and
- The opportunity to help create a robust family events calendar.
Within the network there are three committees for involvement. Although committee membership is not required as part of network membership it is a great way to share your thoughts, ideas and expertise.
- Brainstorm programs and events to engage parents and family members
- Provide ideas and feedback on Family Weekend schedules
- Assist in volunteering at campus events
- Provide ideas and feedback on family publications including the Parent Guide and DU Connection newsletter
- Evaluate the parent website
- Assist in writing copy for publications
- Assist University Advancement in fundraising efforts for the Annual Fund
The Dominican University Annual Fund helps provide scholarship to students, fund research opportunities for faculty, and support engaging, values-driven student experiences such as study abroad, service learning and athletics.
The Parent and Family Network meets each semester during the fall and spring Family Weekends.