Request Information>

You are here


Internal Support:

Dominican faculty members can receive research support from the university by: 

1) requesting dedicated funds for research and conference travel that are managed by the Deans 

2) competing for three kinds of research grants through the Faculty Development Committee (FDC): 

  • Academic Year Research Assistance Grant
  • Special Support Grant
  • Summer Research Assistance Grant

3) applying for Publication Assistance Grants, made available by the Provost. These grants go to support faculty members whose work has been accepted for publication by a scholarly press that demands a "subvention fee" from authors to underwrite the cost of publication. Applications and supporting materials are accepted by the Faculty Development Committee throughout the academic year. While the committee will make recommendations for these awards, final decisions rest with the Provost. 

Visit the Faculty Development Committee site on myDU for more information and application materials. 

External Support:

Research funding is available from a wide variety of private and government sources. 

For a quick overview of some upcoming deadlines in your field, check out GrantAdvisorPlus , an online clearinghouse of academic grant opportunities.

Visit for listings of all kinds of federal grants programs. For more focused searches by government agencies and departments, you will want to go to their sites directly: 

Get to know the funding practices of professional organizations in your field. Here are but a few examples: 

And don't forget about private philanthropic organizations, large and small.  ORSP can connect you with some search engines to help you find a good fit for your project.

  • Foundation Directory Online provides subscribers with information about the many forms of private philanthropy. See ORSP for more information.
  • The Donors Forum of Chicago is the region's premier resource for leadership, education, research and action on behalf of philanthropy and nonprofits. See ORSP for more information.