Students apply to IIT during their freshmen or sophomore year. Students admitted to the engineering program begin taking courses at both institutions starting in their third or fifth semester of study.
Students are considered full-time students at Dominican and part-time students at IIT. Students may continue to live on Dominican’s campus. Students complete all core and foundation requirements at Dominican. Courses must also be selected that satisfy the social science and humanities requirements of IIT.
Each IIT engineering major course of study is paired up with a major at Dominican. These pairings cannot be changed.
- Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics/Aerospace Engineering
- Mathematics/Architectural Engineering
- Mathematics/Civil Engineering
- Mathematics/Electrical Engineering
- Mathematics and Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Mathematics/Mechanical Engineering