The biology major is designed to provide a broad base of knowledge in the biological and physical sciences that will allow students to prepare to enter the workforce or graduate school.
After completing the general biology, genetics and evolution core courses, students select advanced biology courses according to their interests and career goals.
Ten biology courses are required for a major; seven of those must include a laboratory. One-half of the biology courses must be taken at Dominican.
To complete the biology major, students must take the following courses:
- General Biology (two semesters)
- Molecular Biology or Genetics
- Six advanced biology electives
- General Chemistry (two semesters)
- Organic Chemistry (two semesters)
- Trigonometry and Analytical Geometry
- General Physics (two semesters)