مرحبا 欢迎 - ยินดีต้อนรับ - Bienvenido - 에 오신 것을 환영합니다 - आपका स्वागत है - Bienvenue - Witamy
Dominican University typically welcomes more than 100 international students to campus each year. Students from more than 23 countries have enrolled at Dominican over the past several years. Our beautiful campus in the suburbs offers a safe and quiet environment for study, while providing students with quick access to one of the most vibrant international cities in the world—Chicago.
In addition to our long history of international travel, foreign language study and focus on global education, our unique partnership with ELS English Language Center of Chicago, which is located on our Priory Campus, makes us a great fit for international students looking to experience the best of American education.
We are authorized by the US Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to issue SEVIS I-20s and accept F-1 students. We also offer a streamlined pathway to admission for students who have completed the ELS program.
Benefits of Dominican University
- An immigration advisor assists students from the initial contact with admissions through their first days on campus, and continues through graduation
- An academic advisor helps students select their classes
- Career Development staff advises students on career planning, internships, alumni networking and other services.
- Qualified international students enrolled in Dominican’s ELS program may be eligible for Conditional Admission pending completion of ELS Level 112
- Students who complete the ELS program will also be eligible for a special scholarship or grants for up to $2,000 per year
- International students are eligible for any pertinent Dominican merit scholarships
- Dominican has 45 student organizations including cultural clubs such as CIAO (Italian Organization), Dominican University Filipino Association, OLA (Organization of Latin American Students), Polish Club and Saudi Club
International students applying to Dominican University must have completed the equivalent of a United States high school education and are responsible for having the following documents sent to Dominican:
2) Official transcripts from secondary schools and colleges or universities of degrees, diplomas or certificates, and credentials must be sent to the admissions office. Transcripts must be translated and evaluated by either ECE or WES.
3) Demonstration of proficiency in English with a minimum score of:
- 79-80 on the IBT
- 53 on the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTEA)
- or by successfully completing Level 112 in the ELS program
Meet Our Students
Minor: Corporate Communication
Home Country: Saudi Arabia
“What I enjoy about Dominican University is the small and diverse community. As an international student, I feel that the close interaction with my professors provides me with a high quality education. I also like that the professors have real world experience in their fields, which will provide me practical information for the future.”
Home Country: Indonesia
“In order to become a registered dietician you must undergo a dietetic internship and no other institution in the United States offers both a dietetic internship program and a master’s in business administration at the same time. That is why I chose Dominican.”
Home Country: France
“Every person at Dominican is helpful. The teachers will meet you after class. They’re here for you. When you choose your classes there are a lot of hours to choose from. So you can work on the side or go to practice. I play first base for the baseball team.”
- Health insurance or equivalent coverage must be obtained from an insurance agency
- University fees, books and personal items
- Housing and living expenses when the college is not in session
For more information on:
- Admission, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org, or download an international student application.
- Immigration and visa matters, contact Sue Ponremy, International Student Advisor, at email@example.com.
- Studying English as a Second Language, contact ELS located on Dominican University's campus at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (708) 488-5010.
- Dominican University has a secure on-line service to accept your credit card payments.