Students who successfully meet these challenges are awarded a degree of Bachelor of Arts with Honors or Bachelor of Science with Honors.
Honors Program students can:
- Work one-on-one with experts in their fields of study.
- Take courses to help prepare for graduate-level work, including an honors writing and research methods course.
- Present research projects at Dominican’s Undergraduate Research Expo.
- Take classes with nationally and internationally renowned scholars through Dominican’s Lund-Gill chair.
- Attend cultural events in Chicago.
- Study abroad at the University of Oxford.
“Honors seminars have brought to life the motto of Dominican, ‘caritas et veritas’ for me. They have given me a never-ending desire to pursue the truth through constant questioning. And taught me that this truth, whatever it may be, might not be an absolute one, that it might shake the very foundations of my being and perceptions of the world, and that the opposite could also be true.”
-Kristine Bonnick ’11, Neuroscience Major