- Study Abroad
- Blackfriars Oxford, England
- El Salvador
- Fanjeaux, France
- Florence, Italy
- Ghana, Africa
- Guatemala – International Service
- Limerick, Ireland
- London, England
- Milan, Italy
- Paris, France
- Poitiers, France
- Port-au-Prince Haiti – International Service
- Rome, Italy
- Salamanca, Spain
- Salzburg, Austria
- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Strasbourg, France
- South Africa - International Service
- Important Dates
- Important Links
- Insurance & Financial Aid
- Suggested Courses
Stellenbosch, South Africa
AIFS: Stellenbosch, South Africa
Next Offered: Fall semester 2014 (July 13-November 19, 2014)
Stellenbosch is a university town of 90,000 people in the most beautiful part of South Africa. The town and university is surrounded by spectacular mountain ranges and vineyards. Residents and students enjoy easy access to Cape Town, a 30-minute drive and a crossroads of cultures, languages and oceans. Safety and security are statistically higher than in large cities. Visit the AIFS web site: AIFS in Stellenbosch
Participation in the program fulfills Dominican University's foundation requirement: Language and Culture and the Multicultural requirement. Selected courses may fulfill other area requirements.
- Full year program (July 13, 2014-June 11, 2015)
- Fall (July 13, 2014-November 19, 2014)
- Spring semester (January 18, 2015-June 11, 2015)
- Coursework: Students enroll in selected English language courses at the University of Stellenbosch.
- Service Learning Certificate offered as option
Follow the travels of student Aracelis Marie Sanchez as she explores South Africa in Fall 2014 at exploringsa.tumblr.com.
Completed application packet deadlines:
- Fall semester: April 1, 2014
- Spring semester: October 1, 2014
All applications are reviewed by Dominican University's Study Abroad Committee. For more information, please contact Sue Ponremy, director of international studies, at email@example.com or call (708) 524-6965.
Program fees (2014-15) include tuition, housing and meal allowance, excursions, round trip airfare from Chicago, health insurance, fuel surcharge.
- Full year $33,040
- Semester $17,020
- Non-refundable application fee $95
- Damage deposit $250/semester (refundable).
- Personal expenses $150 to $250/month (estimated).
- Vacation travel outside group excursions additional.
Due to fluctuation of exchange rates, the cost of the program is subject to change.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- State, federal and Dominican financial aid is applicable.
- Students: By studying abroad, you may have additional options for funding assistance. Please see a Dominican University Financial Aid Officer.
AIFS scholarships for qualified students
- International (up to 100 scholarships of $1000 each)
- Open only to currently enrolled Dominican University students.
- 2.7 DU GPA
- Junior or senior standing
- Students must attend at least one information session.
- Garden Route tour (6 days)
- Visit to Cedarberg Mountains (optional, $195)
- Visit to Kalahari Desert with safari (optional,, $545)
- Volunteer work in the township community of Kayamandi
- Extra-curricular university activities, such as sports, chorus, theater and dance
- Students choose between a residence hall or communal housing
- Vacation periods not included
- Round trip group flight included in program fees.