- Study Abroad
- Blackfriars Oxford, England
- El Salvador
- Fanjeaux, France
- Florence, Italy
- Ghana, Africa
- Guatemala – International Service
- Limerick, Ireland
- London, England
- Milan, Italy
- Paris, France
- Poitiers, France
- Port-au-Prince Haiti – International Service
- Rome, Italy
- Salamanca, Spain
- Salzburg, Austria
- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Strasbourg, France
- South Africa - International Service
- Important Dates
- Important Links
- Insurance & Financial Aid
- Suggested Courses
AIFS: Salzburg, Austria
Next Offered: Fall semester 2015 (September 4 -December 11, 2015)
Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart, is a small and elegant city located in the Eastern part of Austria. Travel throughout Austria as well as Germany and Eastern European countries is easy and efficient. You can either begin your German language study or continue to improve your German skills in one of the most beautiful cities in all of Europe. Visit the AIFS web site: AIFS in Salzburg.
- Full year program (September 4, 2015 -May 26, 2016)
- Fall (September 4, 2015-December 11, 2015)
- Spring semester (February 5, 2016-May 26, 2016)
- German Language courses are mandatory. Students must enroll in an intensive orientation language course and a semester course at the appropriate level, as determined by a placement test
- AIFS courses in English taught by professors from the University of Salzburg.
- University of Salzburg in German courses in all branches (for advanced students only).
- Courses available in international business and economics, education, art, history, literature, philosophy, and political science.
Currently enrolled students may not opt for the satisfactory/unsatisfactory option for any courses. Transcript issued by AIFS.
Completed application packet deadlines
- Fall 2015: April 15, 2015
- Spring 2016: October 01, 2015
All applications are reviewed by Dominican University's International Studies Committee. For more information, please contact Sue Ponremy, Director International Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 524-6965.
- Program fees 2015-16: (includes tuition, housing and meal allowance, excursions, round trip airfare from Chicago).
- Full year $30320 (includes $1,000 rebate)
- Semester $15,660
- Non-refundable application fee $95
- Damage deposit $250/semester (refundable).
- Personal expenses $300 to $400/month (estimated).
- Vacation travel outside group excursions additional.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- State, federal and Dominican financial aid is applicable.
- Students: By studying abroad, you may have additional options for funding assistance. Please see a Dominican University Financial Aid Officer as soon as possible
AIFS scholarships for qualified students
- International (up to 100 scholarships of $1,000 each)
- Open only to currently enrolled Dominican University students.
- 2.7 DU GPA
- Sophomore/junior/senior standing
- Students must attend at least one information session
- Students must study German for the entire semester
Immersion and Excursions
- Field trips to München, and Wien (fall and spring)
- 3-day visit to London
- Daytrip to Innsbruck
- Extra-curricular university activities, such as sports and music. Volunteer opportunities open to students with a working knowledge of German
- Homestays with selected Austrian host families or dormitory.
- Vacation periods not included
- No meals included. Allowance given towards purchase of breakfast and lunch/dinner.
- Round trip group flight included in program fees. Three stopover in London included.
- Group flight to Munchen, then travel to Salzburg.