- Study Abroad
- Blackfriars Oxford, England
- El Salvador
- Fanjeaux, France
- Florence, Italy
- Ghana, Africa
- Guatemala – International Service
- Limerick, Ireland
- London, England
- Milan, Italy
- Paris, France
- Poitiers, France
- Port-au-Prince Haiti – International Service
- Rome, Italy
- Salamanca, Spain
- Salzburg, Austria
- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Strasbourg, France
- South Africa - International Service
- Important Dates
- Important Links
- Insurance & Financial Aid
- Suggested Courses
The Art of Renaissance and Baroque Rome
Next Offered: January 3-12, 2015
Founded more than 2,700 years ago, Rome is one of the oldest cities in Europe. It has been the capitol of the Roman Empire and then, of the Catholic Church. Over the centuries, it has become a kind of urban sandwich, with roads, buildings and monuments built over and next to those of previous eras. One can see evidence of this borrowing and layering throughout the city -- it's fascinating!
Our group will cover approximately three hundred years of Rome's intriguing history, beginning with the urban renewal and church building that followed the Restoration of the papal court in the fifteenth century, then the sacred art and architecture of the Counter-Reformation in the sixteenth century, and the final evolution of the city into a visceral Baroque metropolis in the seventeenth century.
Students will enroll in the The Art of Renaissance and Baroque Rome: 1400-1700 for 3 credit hours. The class will meet twice during December on Dominican University's campus prior to departure.
Currently enrolled students may not opt for the satisfactory/unsatisfactory option for this course. Fulfills Dominican University area requirement: Fine Arts.
- Application packet consisting of application, two letters of recommendation and medical form. (one letter of recommendation for adult auditors)
- Deadline: April 4, 2014
Program fee: $3150
- 3 credit hours tuition fee or auditor’s fee
- Accommodations and continental breakfast
- Welcome and farewell group dinners
- Health insurance
Not included in the overall fee are most meals, personal expenses (estimated at $400).
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- State and federal aid is applicable.
- Students: By studying abroad, you may have additional options for funding assistance. Please see a Dominican University Financial Aid Officer.
- Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior standing or qualified adults
- 2.5 DU GPA
- Students must attend at least one information session
Participants will be lodged in double rooms within a centrally located three-star hotel in Rome. Continental breakfast is included.
Round trip airfare Chicago-Rome-Chicago is included in the program fees. Information about the departure will be given at a later date.